Always an exceptional value, this is crafted to reflect a rich, concentrated character, with juicy dark fruit, evocative spice, and deft touches of smoke and chocolate. A winning wine for grilled fare.
To be enjoyed at 64.5°C to accompany grilled meat and roasted poultry or mature cheese
Varietal: Syrah, Grenache
Geographic Designation: AOP Languedoc
Alcohol: 14 %
- The two grape varieties are picked by hand and individually to ensure their optimal ripeness.
- Generally speaking, the Syrah is the earlier of the two to ripen.
- The vinification process is also geared to match each variety so as to maintain their individiual characteristics and the potential of the terroirs.
- The Syrah is vatted with complete bunches for vinification under Co2 maceration for approximately 15 days.
- The end of the vinification process is conducted at low temperature.
- The Grenache is 100% destemmed and its maceration can last up to 3 weeks.
- The extraction process, with pumping over the cap, racking and crushing, is meticulously adapted to each vat to ensure optimal extraction of the varietal aromas and a silky, tight texture.
- Part of the wine is tramsferred immediately after pressing into 225-litre BOrdeaux barrels where it is aged for roughly 10 months.
- After light fining and bottling, it is kept for several months before marketing.